How to write outstanding Chevening Essays
Chevening scholarship is highly competitive, with it comes along four essays that applicants are meant to write.
This essays are examined by the scholarship committee and the best of the best are selected.
Before you kick-start your essay journey, there is need to know some tips on how to deliver a fantastic and a wining essay.
Here are few tips on how to write Chevening essays:
- Avoid grammatical errors: When you are done writing your essays, there is need to proofread and edit them. Grammarly is a great tool to edit and check for grammatical errors.
- Organized structure: follow through your essay from introduction, body and conclusion. Never write scholarship essay in a random way. Organize your contents in such a way that it will be appealing to the reader.
- Don’t generalize: it is the normal style for applicants to generalize examples and essays. Make yours unique by giving specific examples on what you have done. This will show that you know exactly what you are writing. Make your essay personal.
- Maximize your word: the scholarship requires you to write between 50-500 word count. Maximize this word count. Writing 400-490 words with meaningful content is excellent. Let your content be rich and articulated.
- Lastly, use CAR technique: CAR technique is Context, Action and Result. For instance, when giving examples in any of the essays, try to write it in the CAR style. Start with the C (context) the context can be a problem or a situation, then you talk about the A (action) that you have taken in that specific problem or situation, and then you describe the R (result) that you came up with after you took that action in that specific context.
The scholarship opens August 2nd, 2022. We will be discussing how to write each topic as we proceed. Have a fine read.
Thanks honournaija for this piece